Number of serving: 6
Preparation time: 30 Minute(s)
Cook time: 20 Minute(s)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Ingredients of Dimer Devil (Deviled Eggs recipe)
• 4 eggs (3 for cooking + 1 for dip)
• 1 big potato
• 3 medium onion
• Carrot (gajar, gajor) and Beet
• Ginger and garlic (or ginger garlic paste)
• Green chilies
• Jeera (Cumin)
• Garam Masala Powder
• Bread Crumbs
• Maida or Besan
Preparing Dimer Devil (Deviled Eggs recipe)
• Boil the Eggs and potato for 15 min. Cover the eggs with at least an inch of water.
• Meanwhile, cut onion, chilies and grate the carrot/beet
• Drain hot water, pour cold water (makes peeling off easier) and crack the egg shells
• Cut the boiled eggs length wise.
• Add peeled off potato and the vegetable mixture to the container. Add salt, pepper to taste. Mash them well.
• Heat a frying pan, put some cooking oil (any) and then the onion pieces. Heat till the color changes to brown. Add the mashed potato-vegetable mixture.
Next, need to stuff egg and fry
• Fill the egg halves with the mixture. Make it tightly fit since we need to fry this later.
• In a separate bowl, break an egg carefully and add a spoon of Maida/Besan. Add salt, ½ tsp mirchi powder to taste and blend it well.
• On a pan (I used a paper J), pour some bread crumbs.
• Heat a frying pan and add oil.
• Now do this in sequence – roll the stuffed egg half in egg besan, then in bread crumbs and then lower carefully on the heated oil. Fry well. Do this for each stuffed egg half.
• Your Dimer Devil (Deviled Eggs recipe) is complete.